Greetings from Multiple Sclerosis Society Malaysia!
Our society was established since 2003, in collaboration with University Hospital (UH), Hospital University of Kebangsaan Malaysia (HUKM) and General Hospital Kuala Lumpur (HKL).
Our main goals are as follows:
- Provide patients suffering from MS with a support network
- To get the Malaysian Government to recognize Multiple Sclerosis as a disability
- To increase public awareness about MS
- To encourage earlier diagnosis and treatment before their condition becomes adverse
- To seek government assistance in approving the availability of the medicine to sufferers who cannot afford to buy the same because the medicine is costly and as such, not many patients can afford to incur the cost every month i.e. between RM 3,500 to RM 4,000 per month
- To purchase a building for the Society’s office & activities
We have been actively providing programmes for people with MS and their families.